Replaced Hard Drive, Now Buldge Above Superdrive?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jumpman25, Feb 29, 2008.

1. jumpman25 macrumors regular

I just got done replacing the hard drive in my macbook pro and the only problem i have now is that there is a bulge above the superdrive where the top of the case isn't meeting the bottom cleanly. Everywhere else around the case is snug. On the left side of the front something snapped into place when i put pressure on the top of the case, but i can't seem to get this to work on the right side. Is there a clip or something on the right side like there was on the left? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Sdao macrumors 6502

Keep working the case in, put pressure on the spot (using your thumbs) and it will snap back in. The clips are tricky, but you'll be able to get it back to its original form.

If you still find this isn't working, don't hesitate to take the keyboard casing off the top of your computer, check all the clips and make sure they look strong and then put the casing back on.

Edit: Also, make sure all of your screws are in place. There are 2 underneath the battery on the outer rim of the aluminum that are important in securing the front end of the keyboard case.

3. skitzogreg macrumors 6502

skitzogreg

This makes me terrified to attempt to replace a HD on a MBP.

4. jumpman25 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help. I ended up putting some credit cards in the supderdrive cause i was putting a lot of pressure on it to get the clips to snap back in. They finally snapped back in. I got one clip on the left side and 3 clips above the superdrive to snap in. That sound about right?

5. jumpman25 thread starter macrumors regular

It actually wasn't that difficult. I just made it a lot tougher than it had to be. Just wasn't using enough force for the clips. The toughest part is removing the top of the case and putting the case back on.

6. Sdao macrumors 6502

Sounds about right.

Run your thumbs over the left, right, and front edge of your mbp to feel out any gaps or noticeable bumps. Use a bit of pressure if you think something isn't right, the clips are just a pain sometimes, but once they are in, they stay in.

Good luck with your HD.