Replaced HD... problems ... :/

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JOTTOSON, Jun 12, 2010.

1. JOTTOSON macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I replaced my 2009 13" macbook pro's harddrive with a Seagate Momentus 7200.4 ST9250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive from NEWEGG.COM....

I've partitioned the drive and set a space for the new seagate drive. I also have an external drive that has time machine back ups from my latest HD that came with my macbook pro 13".... So I restored my latest time machine backup from the original macbook pro HD on the external HD to the new seagate that I have installed on my macbook pro 13" and after that the comp. reset and kept telling me to hold the power button to turn it off, then restart... so i did that and restarted, but it came back up to thing where it said to power off and restart over and over, every time i powered off and powered on the same instructions came up in like 10 diff languages..

do yall know what i'm talking about? if so some help would be nice... im posting this from a diff. computer... basically i cant get past these instructions in multiple languages telling me to power off and power back on.. because it keeps going back to those instructions....

2. Reapur macrumors regular

Put the OSX install disk in, then restart the computer while the computer is first booting up hold down the Option key and boot off the install DVD, run disk utility and erase the drive clean and do a fresh install of the OS. If that works ok then there is a problem with the Time Machine backup, and not your actual computer. From what I have seen restoring from disk images is not ideal, any problems that may have been in your last installation will be transfered to your new installation. I always backup my music, photos, movies, and documents on an external drive manually then move the data back, its oldschool I know but works 100% of the time. Reinstall all your software nice and fresh too. The computer will most likely run faster if you do things this way.

3. JOTTOSON thread starter macrumors newbie

Well how do I go about getting off this "power off, then power back on to restart screen" first? I tried the control command + power buttons all at once too and that didn't even work.. Kinda wierd...