Replaced iPhone 3G LCD and Glass...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wardev, Nov 22, 2009.

1. wardev macrumors regular

... and now I can't get the LCD to turn on. When I plug it into my mac, it shows up and I can sync it and everything. I notice that the motherboard connection is somewhat loose though. I did a restore and I can't seem to fix it. :confused:

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Not sure what you expect any of us to be able to suggest to help.

3. wardev thread starter macrumors regular

nice.get out
    i am curious if I can get any feedback from anybody that has done this before. Maybe I am missing something.
    and an admin move this to iphone help?

4. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

I've not replaced the glass but I have replaced the LCD component before. Did you make sure all three connectors were attached properly, including the one with the tab?

Take it apart and make sure all three are seated properly, then turn it on and test it before putting it all back together again.

5. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

Check the LCD connector cable inside the phone. They have a tendancy to pop out. If they aren't bent correctly the ribbon cable can be pulled up by the digitizer cable when closing the unit. There should be a slight kind in the cable itself between the 2 white lines.

It's annoying that the LCD cable itself is actually very rigid and unless bend correctly will pop out of its own accord.
    Thankfully the iPhone is easy enough to open without risking damage imo (suction cup and pull)

good luck.

6. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Agree check LCD connector and also reboot the phone (sleep + home button).