Replaced iPhone 4's cracked screen and now I don't have the proximity sensor issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chrismac00, Aug 23, 2010.

1. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I cracked my iPhone 4 two weeks after I bought it on launch day. I sent it in to iResQ last week and they replaced the screen and the proximity sensor issue was gone!

I had the problem even before the screen was cracked, so I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue....:confused:

2. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

How long has it been fixed? Lots of people thought they had no problem, until it eventually started. Also, people report that a reboot fixes it, but it eventually starts up or they got a replacement from Apple and it eventually deos it again. The issue is probably hardware-software interaction related and is either too sporadic or needs just the right circumstances to appear, so I would not be ready to say your phone was fine until some time passes.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Some say that the glass is too dark for the sensor to work right.
    Maybe the new screen let's thru a higher percentage of rays to go thru.

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

its important to know that they did not replace it with an Apple Screen. there are only "copies" available at this point.

5. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

6. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I have never had, no have any of my iPhone 4 friends had the proximity issue. Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying I've never seen it.

7. chrismac00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The screen is legit. It was installed by an Apple Authorized Service Center.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, it exists.
    Lucky you dont have it cause it would drive you nuts.
    I hang up once today with my face and was pressing a bunch of numbers while on another call. It is very annoying.

9. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Apple Service Center or Apple Store? no such thing as an Apple Service Center. an Apple Service Center is an independent repair shop like I have. there are NO authentic parts for the 4 at this time. now if you went to an Apple Store then yes you have a legit screen. otherwise you were lied to!

10. candygetsfunky macrumors newbie

Help fix cracked iphone4 screen

Hi I just got iPhone 4 32g n it's my 1st iPhone but my daughter's had around 7(she lost em, broke, upgraded etc) Well the Apple store had no cases or bumpers at all for iPhone 4. I ordered as suggested from App store a bumper n was given shipping arrival time of 3 to 5 weeks. I went n got clear case in meantime that has been on it ever since. The phone accidentally fell out of a bag not even 1 foot off ground n screen cracked. The upper right front corner actually shattered a little. When I examined it a shard of glass got stuck in my thumb n I keep getting cut if finger goes over it. What are my options? Thanx!!

11. candygetsfunky macrumors newbie

Help fix cracked iphone4 screen

Hi I just got iPhone 4 32g n it's my 1st iPhone but my daughter's had around 7(she lost em, broke, upgraded etc) Well the Apple store had no cases or bumpers at all for iPhone 4. I ordered as suggested from App store a bumper n was given shipping arrival time of 3 to 5 weeks. I went n got clear case in meantime that has been on it ever since. The phone accidentally fell out of a bag not even 1 foot off ground n screen cracked. The upper right front corner actually shattered a little. When I examined it a shard of glass got stuck in my thumb n I keep getting cut if finger goes over it. What are my options? Thanx!!

12. Solange82200 macrumors regular

You can go to an Apple store and see if they can have mercy on you, since you havent had it long. I had had my iphone 4 for a little over a month and the camera lens had scratches on it, even though it had been in a case. i took it into the Apple store and told them I was miffed about that, and that also I was dropping a lot of calls in areas where my friends who also have iphones didnt (that last part was lie, I just really was pissed about the scratches). The guy switched it out with a new one no problem. Yours was dropped, whereas mine was scratched for no apparent reason, so i dont know if they will be that generous, but perhaps they can charge you less for a new one? Also, you can get the screen replaced at repair shops, it may not be an OEM apple screen according to a poster here, but it may be ok...

13. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

Ok first step is to go back to the apple store if you get no where with the genius ask for a manager all the while being nice about it.........as far as there being no OEM parts out for the iphone 4 that is not true at all......but like I said you should go back to the apple store I have had customers go back and get swaps ad they were told its a one time deal only....hope it works out for you

14. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well Dee it was true when I posted it...and we both know its still true!! lol

15. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

..they may have not been out then but certainly they are now.....

16. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well I really dont consider high quality copies OEM....and that is what 3 suppliers told me last friday that they have........

17. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

neither do i thats why i am sending you proof to what i am saying.....emails sent...oh and if anyone wants to read into this as a fight dont tracy and i are friends....