replaced iphone 4s digitizer and both speakers broke

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coltf0rty5, Sep 20, 2012.

1. coltf0rty5 macrumors newbie

My wife dropped her phone while we were on vacation and somehow managed to shatter the front and back glass. Due to not having insurance on the phone and verizon nor apple able to replace due to this not being a hardware issue and not having $200 available to get apple to fix it, I decided to fix it myself. I ordered a digitizer off ebay from a reputable seller and took the phone apart and replaced the digitizer. It was actually pretty easy but was just time consuming. Everything went well and turned the phone back on and everything worked properly.

About 5 days later, the ear speaker worked but cracked and popped a lot when people talked loud. Then 2 days after that, the speaker on the bottom of the phone just quit working and only makes a buzzing sound when audio is played. I have no clue what has happened and this is very confusing. It seems to me that if I had damaged something, I would have noticed the problem immediately. But for some reason, these problems just slowly came on days later. Any help?

I've read where the ear speaker has had problems from other users but I don't think I could get apple to replace it since I voided the warranty by opening the phone and replacing the digitizer.

2. coltf0rty5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I now noticed if I turn my volume almost all the way down the speaker sounds perfect. But when I turn it up it's distorted. Strange how both speakers are doing it now.

3. coltf0rty5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone experienced this or have a clue how to attempt to fix this???? Its about to drive my wife crazy having a new iphone 4s and sound screwed up.