Replaced iphone 5 screen, Siri can't hear me

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djeans, Aug 1, 2014.

1. djeans macrumors newbie

After replacing my iphone 5 screen, Siri does not respond, using the microphone to enter text doesn't work, and video shot from the front facing camera has no audio. I'm sure it is one of the microphones, but no idea which.

Anyone here have experience with this that could give me a pointer on what to check that might fix it?

2. david1990 macrumors newbie

When you attempt such a thing you must always be careful with all the cables that come across you along with the pieces. Probably the main mic failed. This mic is located on the bottom of your iPhone along with the speaker, dock, and audio jack. If your speaker, audio jack and dock are working then most probably your microphone died. Unfortunately, the dock (charging dock), audio jack, cellular antenna are a single piece so to fix your Mic you'll have to replace these parts too. I'll give you a very clarifying video on how to replace them if you decide to do it by yourself here