replaced iphone 6 refurbished already

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cyr0723, Oct 26, 2014.

1. cyr0723, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

cyr0723 macrumors newbie

I bought an iPhone 6 for 10 days, but suddenly found it's slightly bent so I went to Genuis Bar yesterday and they insisted that it's not a manufactory defect and must be a physical damage, although I really don't remember I did any damage on it like I dropped or sat on it.

I had no choice but spent 79 dollars to replace a new one. The technician showed at least three ones to me and I found they all have scratches/dents on the part of the screen which connects to the edge of the phone. But when I examined my bent phone or any retailed phone in the store they all don't have such problem. I randomly took one home since all the ones the technician showed me had this defect and searched the serial number, I found it is manufactored by Oct. 11th to Oct. 15th. Base on reasons above, I believe mine is a refurbished one.

Just want to let those people who are going to replace their phone know that I believe Apple already has refurbished iPhone 6 by now.

Update: Following your kind replies, I went to APPLE just now and unfortunately they said everything has already been sent back to the warehouse last night....The only thing I can do for now is to book a new Genius Bar appointment to swap for a new phone..
    Also they said my phone doesn't fall under the 14 day return policy because mine is on a contract with another carrier...maybe things in here Canada is really different from the States...so annoying

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

You had it for 6-10 days and you let them give you a scratched/dented one for $79? That was not a smart move. You should've left that shady store and called Apple directly. Honestly, you still should. There is NO reason to accept a scratched or dented phone ever.

3. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Return it, you are within 14 day return period.

----------

Apple quality has gone to sh!!t.

4. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

How is he going to return it? Apple already diagnosed it as bended AND he now has a $79 refurb.

5. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

14 day return. Take advantage of it. He has leverage

6. cyr0723 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I am not able to return it because my phone is on contract with a local carrier, not bought directly from Apple.

7. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

Take the refurb back immediately and tell them you want the original phone because you're within the 14 day return window. It can be done. I've done it. You would have to go back to the store ASAP because they will ship your phone to a warehouse. Then return the original phone at another store.

8. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Too late unless he gets the original iPhone back.

10. cyr0723 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I went to APPLE just after I saw your reply and unfortunately they said everything has already been sent back to the warehouse last night....The only thing I can do for now is to book a new Genius Bar appointment to swap for a new phone..

----------

Yea I just went there and it was too late.. I should have posted this before I went to Apple yesterday...I was too naive..