Replaced iPhone, need help, again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZebraineZ, Apr 26, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

Hi, sorry for being so illiterate and rude in my other thread, I will try to type more better rather then like a 2 yr old like others said :/ I'm only in 7th grade so stop please..

Anyways the reason why I was so pissed is because, well they gave me a replacement phone instead of a new one. If I wanted a replacement phone I would have just gotten the 150 dollar refurbished ones so clearly mentioned in this link: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...artFilter=false&allFeatures=on&manapple=apple , with the 2yr contract I had gotten with my 300 dollar new phone.

Tell me what is really wrong with that? I pretty much waited for 2 years for getting an iPhone (1 year for the 3G) and to me that is not that long judging from how fast the months went by, but still, people just really think about it for a minute instead of making posts like this:
    I really also wanted to just answer each of your points, if you guys don't mind:

A) Irrelevant, you were able to read it weren't you? I see nothing wrong with it.

B) It means my buttons were, as I said, stuckish. I had to press hard for the home button the work, and the camera was pretty much popping out of place. This new phone is fine with the home button but is a little pressed inside for the home button, the left side seems depressed in and broken but the right side works fine.

C) Completely irrelevant again, the only reason I mentioned him is because he threw a stupid fit and even though most of it was non-sense I think the point he made was good because they are giving me a replacement phone that the guy replied with a 'I don't know' (the only reason I know its a replacement is because of the very nice macrumors people here, the store clerk wasn't helpful at all) and to me that just explains it all that he doesn't know how to do his job. My phone was within the 14 day return period and I expected to get a new phone for my defective phone, I have seen people with more ridiculous reasons.

D) I made an appointment by calling thank you very much, I would have made an appointment online but my iphone wasn't working sorry. Don't see why that matters to you since it was my time not yours.

E) When did I call them idiots? Find it for me please if you may. I have ok grammar for a 7th grader so just please be quiet, it isn't my fault YOU can't understand it that you have to make decisions for others saying they can't either. I have perfect respect for people who are helpful and kind and thank you so much for to the people who ignored my 'bad respect' and got right to the point of my thread, again thank you.

F) Well the store clerk at ATT told me to go to apple to get it returned brand new for free, instead of a 30 dollar restocking fee (20 bucks + tax for the people who will complain about my 10 dollar difference) so I believed him until....well you know. Also within the 14 day period they even told us that we can return it if it is defective, I am going by what they told me.

G) Here is where you can get a 150 dollar iphone 16g refurbished white: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...artFilter=false&allFeatures=on&manapple=apple . Scroll all the way to the bottom please.

H) Another rant? You already mentioned the stuck buttons part, why must you say it again? I just think you like to troll more then you admit.

Sorry mods but I just had to answer him, I REALLY wanted to reply back and get my points taken to everyone and if I offended anyone at all I am sorry, but I am pretty sure what he wrote to me was more offending to everyone rather then just me. That is all.

Again, I paid 300 for a NEW phone out of the box, NOT a replacement for half the price (whatever phone it is I don't care, to me replacement is refurbished since they sell them for half). I have provided enough proof for all your needs.

2. aok1975 macrumors 6502

I agree with you. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. Well, you could return it (if within 30 days) and cancel your contract and leave ATT and apple.

3. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Your phone wasnt new, why should they have to replace it with a new one? I know, only 11 days, but it was still a used phone.

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Guess what, I just got my 3G replaced today, with a refurb. I'd rather have a refurb than a new phone, returns are better condition wise because they are inspected.
    I don't know what your problem is, but when are you just going to drop it?
    It doesn't matter, accept what you got and quit bitching. I can relate, I'm in 9th grade.

5. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I bought it new and I told you, it was defective. I have seen people get brand new phones in these forums only for those little, barely visible 'cracks' on there iphones, which I even had a fair amount of those as well, but it was so useless it wasn't even worth mentioning just so I can get a new phone, but next time I will be sure to make note of that, because I geuss I would have gotten a new phone for a little barely visible line on the case, rather then a used phone because my buttons weren't working well.

A small thin, again, barely visible crack is nothing, I don't know why people act like it ruins there experience with the phone. If your hardware buttons aren't working well, then that would interupt the activities you do with your phone, like lets say actually turning it on and off, I mean I have to press-and-hold the button from a specific spot on the key now (and we all know how small the buttons are) if I want to turn it off, and most of the time it doesn't even work, so should I go replace my replacement phone again?

You don't sell me a broken product (even if its new or used) and give me one in the same condition, it doesn't work that way, I didn't do anything to deserve a defective except pay more then what I would have paid for a used phone. I don't see what is so hard to get? :/

Edit: To the poster above, the thing is I PAID, as in I SPENT MONEY (don't say its my parents, I help them with there work and make there websites and stuff since they are stuck in the 70's lol) on what I thought was going to be something that was brand new, packaged and untouched (just an expression) and I didn't. I will keep b*tching because I am not happy with the product I received and no I will not get another phone, because I want an iPhone and that is what I paid for.

6. aok1975 macrumors 6502

OP return it and buy a refurbished for $150. That should make you feel better.

7. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Will they let me? Also isn't the refurbished ones also for new customers signing up for a new contract. I am already in a contract that I got when I got my iPhone so yeah. Am I allowed to return it and get my money back? Darn confusing.

8. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

If it's within 30 days of when you first bought the new phone and sign the contract, then yes. you can do so.

9. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

OK thank you so much! Geuss I got to make another trip today again :)

10. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

They got the same thing you got, that is Apples policy. If you have an issue with the current phone than you should take it back and get another (this time check it before you leave the store and make sure it's up to your standards so you don't have to worry about making a third trip).

11. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I was checking it this time when I got the replacement, but I geuss when I went home and used the power button a little bit more I noticed it that is was really depressed and pretty much broken.

12. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Why a kid in 7th grade needs a phone, let alone an iPhone, I will never know...

13. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Because I plan on learning how to dev for it in summer? I know it requires dedication, I have that so yeah :) also I am not like those texty people, I really like the ease and use of the iphone and all the things it can do, it just fits all my needs. I like having a internet device + phone + navigation device + ipod with me in one device.

14. marine610610 macrumors regular

:rolleyes:

15. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Just in case you get lost on the way home from school? :D

Sorry! just couldn't resist! ;)

16. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL! Yeah no o.o
    I go places alot with family and stuff and we just happen to never get directions....cough* lol

17. mikey28 macrumors 6502

O.P., I think you should take your phone, and the box, receipt and go to AT&T and tell them you want to RETURN the phone for your money back. Cancel the contract.

Then go to another ATT or directly to Apple and buy an BRAND new phone, and begin again.

I think you're right. You are entitled to a NEW, WORKING phone. And if yours was defective, then you are entitled to have another BRAND NEW one.

I think you should be POLITE, but PERSISTENT.

Good Luck.

18. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

The iPhone you got might not be a refurb, it could be a new iPhone just without the special packaging, that's why the Genius said he didn't know. The thing is if it is a refurb it might actually be better, usually refurbs are better built and they have all new parts, the difference is that they are built in the U.S. instead of being built in China.

My new iPhone started developing cracks and they replaced it with a refurb and the refurb is much better built than my old one, so why should I have a problem with it?

But if you still have a problem with it just return it.

19. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how accurate this is, because I recall coming across this some time ago, but one way to tell a refurb apart, is that there is usually a K at the end of the serial number.

20. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Good news! I went all the way to the apple store and waited again, to get my old phone back. I get my old phone back and go all the way back to the ATT store and this time I was polite but as you said persistent, and made sure to show the defect + a problem wrong with the software, and the guy decided to get me a brand new phone out of the shiny new box!

I inspected it, it was very good and overall 2x better then both of the phones I had (my old one and the refurb) the home button is very good, the case is very good no cracks AFAIK, volume buttons working fine and not depressed, the power button is much better and I actually know if I am clicking it or not, except for some reason the left side again is a little bit depressed in the phone, I don't know if this is something that is with all the new phones or what but its like the 3rd time now. I compared it with my moms phone and my cousins and there phones power button is working fine.
    They have black and I have white so if anyone had this problem then yeah would appreciate if you gave some of your feedback :) thanks everyone!

Edit: ALSO Comparing my brand new phone and my moms phone, the colors on this are a little faded, while hers are more vivid...does anyone know if this has something to do with 'light leaks'? I just checked the battery icon when connected t the charger, the edges where like it has that shine effect, that it is realllly wierd...like I can't explain it but its like they are glowing like mad and have this wierd brightness coming at the edges, idk...

21. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I am not quite sure what you mean, I would probably have to see it.

But if the phone is defective, repeat steps mentioned above.

You are entitled to a perfect phone. period.

Remember, be polite and persistent. Bring a (calm) parent if you need back-up.

SuperGoodLuckOfTheBuddha!!!