Replaced LCD on I-phone. Wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DEB0, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DEB0 macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a used 3G I-phone. The phone would turn on but the screen was solid white and you could not see anything. I purchased a LCD screen off ebay and installed it. The number 1 clip does not seem to be clipping in all the way. Could that be the problem.

I have charged the battery.

nothing specific when serching

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

your first mistake was purchasing off eBay. most likely you didnt get an OEM LCD. you either got a used one or a copy. make sure your device is off and unplug the connectors. and then plug them back in securely. restart the phone. if still white hold the home button and the power button at the same time till the apple logo appears and then goes away and then comes back. when it comes back you can let go. now if your screen is solid white just keep holding both buttons until it goes dark and then comes back with the apple logo.

sometimes when replacing a LCD you have to reset the phone in this matter. hope that helps you.

3. DEB0 thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot the to mention that when I turn on the phone when I first got it that the display was all white.

I then proceeded to replace LCD and now the phone will not turn on.

4. DEB0 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. DEB0 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

I'm afraid there's not much anyone can do for you. You can try taking your phone and parts to a repair store perhaps.