replaced macbook pro logic board, now no screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sonhascome, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

I had a lvds port burn out on my logic board, and had to replace it. After putting a new one into the computer and hooking everything back up, I fired it up. . . .startup chime. . . .blank screen. I replaced the lvds cable and tested the screen on another macbook pro, screen was still working. I sent the logic board back and the guy tested it and said everything is working. So my question is why couldn't I get it working when I hooked it up? Is there anything that you should do after installing a new logic board, like resetting the smc or pram? i can't imagined those would have made it display but I don't know. any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

There are a lot of variables when it comes to no video output, and there's really not much you can do other than test each one of them.. often in the PC building spectrum, I've found that incompatible/faulty stick of RAM leads to no video output, but that's just one of many possibilities...

3. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

It couldn't hurt to try, but if he is getting the chime, he probably isn't having any RAM issues. There is never any harm in resetting the SMC and PRAM.

4. Sonhascome thread starter macrumors 6502

any help? I've reset the pram and smc and still nothing. the keys light up and all, but no screen

5. Sonhascome thread starter macrumors 6502

just went to the computer shop and they said there is some evidence of burning or overheating and that is probably why it wouldn't come on last night.