Replaced my iPhone 3G Screen - NO POWER

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Squingle, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Squingle macrumors newbie

So my Father replaced my screen and digitizer after I foolishy dropped the device and shattered the screen. After he replaced it (I wasn't there to watch) the screen worked just fine (although the main speaker did not and I was forced to turn on the speaker phone to make calls). I put the phone in my pocked and proceeded to go about my business. Maybe 20 min later I took out my phone only to discover that the phone had lost power and will no longer turn on.

Since, we have taken it apart again and unpluged cables 1-3 and repluged them and still no power. We took the same screen and plugged it into a different phone and it worked just fine, so it is something other than the screem. I have seen many questions like around the interwebs but nobody has really posted anything helpful. I really don't want to go out and buy a new phone, any suggestions?

2. Glam macrumors newbie

Make sure u powered off the iphone when u unpluged screen. Home button and power button for about 10 sec, check with vibro it wont vibrate when the phone is off. Then plug the screens back and turn it on

3. Squingle thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, the iPhone was powered off powered off before taking off the screen. I have pressed the home and power button for a prolonged period of time and there is no response. Nothing in the phone is getting power because when I flick the slient mode switch there is no vibration. Any other ideas??\

4. vabunuc macrumors member

i would open it back up and make sure the 3 connector thingys are all connected. In my experience, when you tinkering in there, they are very easy to pop off when your putting everything back together. took me a few tries to get it all right.

good luck :D