Replaced Screen/Case Now Doesn't Turn On

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jerseyjim0, Jan 27, 2012.

1. jerseyjim0 macrumors newbie

Hello Guys! Just wondering if you can help me out.. So i had my old macbook which was white and I decided to switch it over to black due to my screen was cracked and it worked fine... So i put everything back together and nothing happens... I also put a new battery into it (Don't know if that has anything to do with it) but nothing seems to happen when I push the power button on the keyboard (Maybe it's broken due to pulling it off?) It's pretty burnt on the underside.

I already went through the reset procedure on the apple site, but it makes me believe if the keyboard isn't working, it wouldn't even be possible to do it. I also took out the RAM and tried starting to listen to a beep but nothing seemed to happen. (BTW It Charges) I have a new keyboard coming but I wanted to know if there was anything else I could try to wonder if something is wrong or bad.. Thanks for the help.

- Possible Problems?? -

*HD Failure :(
    *Logic Board Failure :(
    *Screen Issue?

So what you people think? Any suggestions, I want this thing running

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Do you actually know that the new black keyboard works ?

Do you still have your old white keyboard to try that ?

Chances are the ribbon cable from the keyboard to the logic board is broken (maybe internally).

Best to check everything is working before you reassemble.....

3. jerseyjim0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm using the old keyboard as we speak and it seems to be not working, that's why I ordered a kind of new black keyboard.. But I just don't understand, it has to be the keyboard because it was working a day prior to replacing the screen.. I hope this old keyboard is just broke :( Thanks for the input

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Is it a silver cable or the older orange cable between the logic board and the keyboard ?

Chances are you have damaged the ribbon cable when you removed the top case - it may have disconnected itself at the keyboard end but much more likely to be damaged internally.

You will have to wait for the new keyboard I think - you can start the MacBook without the keyboard and use a USB mouse but it depends on which MacBook model you have.....

5. jerseyjim0 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a white cable.. How can you start the macbook without a keyboard, i might have to google this.. Thanks again :apple: