Replaced Screen, freezing issues. Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dark, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Dark macrumors regular

My iphone 3g is finally back in service. Sort of.

A year ago I shattered my iPhone 3g screen and just let it collect dust, while I used my Blackberry Bold. I started to miss my iPhone so, I ordered a full lcd/digitizer assembly for my phone.

I installed it and let it charge and voila. Back to Life.

However, I noticed a strange issue that Im not sure is related to the screen itself or not. Multiple times a day, the screen will just become unresponsive almost like the phone froze. However, all I have to do is lock and unlock my phone and the screen is back to normal.

Not a huge deal, but it gets kind of annoying.

Do you think that my new screen is defective or is it a problem with the phone itself?

2. Yousef25 macrumors newbie

Yousef25

I had a similar situation with my Iphone. After changing the screen it would be unresponsive sometimes and i would just lock and unlock it to get it to work.

3. ineedamac macrumors 6502

firmware?

What firmware are you running? I had the same issues. 3.1.2 took care of the freezing issue.

4. Dark thread starter macrumors regular

Its running 3.1.2

I can't remember if my phone always did this or not.

If its a software issue I can live with it. If its a screen issue Im going to get a replacement sent to me.

It's good to know that an update fixed it for you though. Maybe there's hope in the future for me.