Replaced screen. Should still work with faulty force touch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by OrangeSVTguy, May 26, 2018.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

My 42mm series 1 broke over a year ago. Decided to fix the cracked screen since I couldn’t restore it when I bought a new series 2 instead last year instead of fixing.

Decided to attempt to fix so I got the screen swapped but my force touch sensor got messed up from the cracked screen. Installed new screen but touch still doesn’t work. While I wait for the new sensor, should the touch still work without the force touch sensor? My understanding is just the pressure touch just won’t pick up but touching still? Or do I need the sensor?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I can’t directly answer your questions, because it sounds like something was not repaired correctly, but my only advice would allow Apple to repair the watch. Also, are you using genuine Apple parts as well?

3. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Ok thanks. I was just wondering if just the screen replacement alone, does it have a touch sensor in the screen or if all the touch comes from the force touch sensor. There are 2 cables that attach to the screen. Maybe I didn’t have one(touch)hooked up correctly.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The digitiser is on the screen it’s all one part.

Also touch and force touch are very much the same thing.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It could be loose ribbon, otherwise the display is all one unit.