Replacement 27 inch has defect...opinions please.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bartonjm, Nov 22, 2013.

1. bartonjm, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

bartonjm macrumors member

Well...I received my replacement 27 inch, and the yellow screen issues are better but.....it appears that there was an assembly issue because along the top part of the bezel I can see the aluminum chassis from the front. I think they scraped into the whatever the black strip is on bezel of the panel. It wouldn't bother me, but there is a distinct silver spot right above the camera that bugs me. It's seen quite clearly. Return? I'm leaning towards yes because this is such https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Tzrgc2HGngI/Uo8_HSn3IAI/AAAAAAAAAAc/bkrm-W46DrI/s400/image.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the issues.

2. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I would return it, that is not some computer you will change every year and it costs a sh** ton of money so I would expect a FLAWLESS one..

But that's just me :)

3. bartonjm thread starter macrumors member

There are a couple of these annoying spots that I can see silver through. Did the assembler in California not think I would see this? Whoops...we'll let this through. Yikes. I know I'm being picky, but this isn't a $499 Dell.

4. breiti macrumors newbie

I would return it ASAP. This would bug me day to day.

5. bartonjm thread starter macrumors member

I replaced it for an upgrade. All is good. Third time seems to be the charm:)