Replacement 3G question....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psychotropic, Jul 6, 2009.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

I just received an email notification that my replacement order from apple has been processed. The phone is supposed to be a brand new 3G replacement, but this is what the order notification says:

IPHONE 3G S BLACK 16GB-USA

I was wondering if the "S" stands for smartphone or if they messed up and are actually sending me the 3G S as in the new one.

Thanks,

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are you just kidding?
    They could be out of "brand new" phones to replace your 3G do you have to get a 3Gs.

Consider it a free upgrade if that is the case.

What was wrong with your 3G?

3. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not kidding, so I apologize for not understanding what you think I am kidding about. Nothing is wrong with my 3G in that I don't own a 3G. I own a 2G and after numerous problems and working with ATT and Apple they offered me a 3G to replace my 2G (as long as I would sign the waiver that my data plan would cost more). As far as if I have to get a 3GS, I never asked for a 3G or 3GS, I simply wanted a phone that would work.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OHHH So the 2G sucked bad and they're replacing it? I'm pretty certain you're getting a 3Gs then. The new stock on the iPhone 3G may either be non-existent at the capacity they intend to give you or they feel you've been through enough and it's Merry Christmas to you.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It appears that you might have received an "upgrade" and so don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

That is the wording I saw on my 32GB iPhone order (except it said 32 instead of 16 ;) )

6. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

oohhh thats nice. Let us know if it is a 3GS. Certainly seems that way.

7. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone who has read this post or reads this post has their original invoice for their 3GS purchase will you check and see if it has the product labeled:

IPHONE 3G S BLACK 16GB-USA

I think it's kinda weird that it has a space between the G and the S, but who knows?

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As I stated in my post, that is the wording used for my 3GS except that mine had 32gb.

[​IMG]

9. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry! I completely read your post wrong, guess I am still in shock that this could even be a possibility. Haha. Thanks for your posts.
    :)

10. macboy4 macrumors regular

Awesome! I guess you had Apple Care?

11. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

No, actually I don't have Apple Care. I just called in June to explain to them the problems I was having and they sent me a refurbished 2G. Then, the refurbished had it's own (different) problem. I called in again, spoke to an AT&T rep, two apple reps, and a special team rep I think they called it, and here we are.

12. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

13. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

Just thought I would let you all know that they actually sent me the Iphone 3GS!!!!!