Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Alright here's the deal... I got my 3G replaced yet again (cracking issue)...

I knew the whole process from the first time I went in..... signed the paperwork.. got the phone... tested to make sure it worked... off i went...

Got home to activate it and it synced 100% fine... upgraded it to 3.0 and all of a sudden i'm geting "The Sim Card Inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"...

What the hell????!!!? I've been using this sim card since september (when i got my original 3G) without a problem... and the phone was working up until i updated it....

any suggestions??!??!

Just thought I'd give a bit more info... this phone is locked to Fido.. I am using my Fido Sim Card... and i've never jailbroken this new phone or any of my phones... it worked 100% fine with the 2.2.1 that was loaded...

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
I just double checked and my Sim car works 100% fine in the phone... tried one of my parents sim cards (same carrier Fido) and it will not recognize any of there sims either....

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
So after spending much of the day talking to my provider and talking to a mac genius over the phone... the genius says that something must have gone with the update that has rendered the Sim Card reader to be inoperable... good thing i have a old motorola razor kicking around that my sim card seems to enjoy...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.