Replacement 3GS, restored, sync'd, app sort issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by leesweet, Apr 9, 2010.

1. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

I've had this issue before, but thought I'd post to see if anyone had an answer.

Replacement 3GS (to cure many calls going to voicemail, etc.). Restored from backup. Apps missing, okay, sync'd to get them. Now all apps are in alphabetical order.

Eek! I spent a long time putting all the apps where I wanted them. Why/isn't there a way to have the apps actually backed up/restored to the actual position on the same page/location they came from?

In my opinion, it's not a backup if a restore doesn't put it back the way it was. Now, I'm wondering why the apps aren't on the backup and I have to sync to get the apps, and if that's why they aren't in the same order as before.

I would have thought this would have been addressed before, but a search didn't come up with much, and it's a bit of a mess, since I have 11 pages of apps! :) Thanks for any info!

2. leesweet thread starter macrumors demi-god

leesweet

Sigh, never mind...

The screens on iTunes had all the apps in alpha order, but once I had let it take two hours to restore/sync and finish, the apps were all there on the 3GS in the exact order they were in originally. Sheesh... gives you heartburn....

So, is this a bug? Obviously... WTF?

I can't wait for folders... :)