Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ethere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Central PA
My wife has a 3GS and needs a new screen and battery for it. We're not wanting to send the phone off to get it replaced, but I don't want to pay a huge amount of money for them either. Has anyone gone into an Apple store and had these items replaced? The phone isn't under warranty anymore. The phone works fine, btw. She just wants a new screen because it has some scratches in it.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
My wife has a 3GS and needs a new screen and battery for it. We're not wanting to send the phone off to get it replaced, but I don't want to pay a huge amount of money for them either. Has anyone gone into an Apple store and had these items replaced? The phone isn't under warranty anymore. The phone works fine, btw. She just wants a new screen because it has some scratches in it.

You can take it to Apple and spend a bundle or you can send it HERE. Yes you have to send it off unless you live in Sacramento, but its cheaper. If Battery isnt shown for 3GS, call. They may have it. Sometimes it isnt updated.

Just giving you an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.