Replacement 4S Owners ENTER -

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodayoda, Nov 1, 2011.

1. yodayoda macrumors regular

Hello,

Was curious if anyone who has gotten a replacement 4S has been happy with it. My genius bar diagnosed some problems with my device and agreed to replace it due to a cosmetic issue, but I was wondering if it's worth doing as I have heard so many complains of "yellow" screens and defective batteries. Do these units go through testing before they are deemed appropriate "Replacement" devices or they are just brand new phones packed into black boxes?

Thanks!

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Got my white 4S replaced on the battery and a camera issue - genius says it's a brand new unit - they don't have any refurbished ones yet and won't be for at least 2-3 months from the release date. Which makes a lot of sense considering they need to get enough phones back from people, then send them off to refurbish, then ship them back. It's a long process.

3. clunkmess macrumors 6502a

clunkmess

I got my 4s replaced because the home button was mushy and non tactile. Also the battery was dieing very fast with minimal use, but that wasn't my reason for taking it for replacement. My replacement 4s has no issues with the home button or the battery,( I'm sure the battery thing is software related). So I am happy. they simply took my phone, opened some cupboard behind the genius bar and gave me a new phone. I am very pleased with Apples service.

4. 7timethecrystal macrumors regular

7timethecrystal

Very happy with my replacement 4S here. Battery behaves as expected. ie, not dropping 6-8% when its supposed to be in standby. The screen is a little yellow tinted, but its not terrible. It's kind of like my iPad 2 light leak on a black screen, I chuckle when I see it now :) I love the device.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

My replacement 4S has a better screen and battery. It is also new not a referb.

6. dotme macrumors 6502a

Received a replacement 4S last week due to bad front camera. The replacement seems flawless to me. It's got no issues at all.

7. SoIsays macrumors regular

I had to replace my Verizon 4S 4 days getting it thru the mail. Its front camera was no longer working and was giving out a flashing black screen and gobbled images. I took it to the Apple store and had it replaced. My replacement works great. No problems so far. Curiously, I was told that once I accepted the replacement, my 30 day window to return would become void. Since I was sticking to Verizon, I had no problem, but if I weren't, I could see myself in a very difficult situation.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Two replacements for a scratched screen and a washed out one. The second replacement has been really good for me and was brand new in retail box from Apple.

9. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I'm on my 3rd 4S. Everything is finally ok.

Bad rattle in the first one, and a technician damaged my speaker grille taking the case off.

Second one had data static coming through the earpiece (like when you hold a phone up to a computer speaker) during calls.

Third one seems fine.

10. chris.m macrumors newbie

Uk

Just went to the genius bar here in the UK and they had no replacements/new iphones in stock to replace my faulty unit. So they have ordered a brand new one and will call when it gets delivered.

11. MLAM macrumors regular

What issues are you having with your current iPhone 4S?

12. zelaya macrumors 6502

My younger brother is having issues with his. However he has 2 more days before the 30th day hit. Can he walk in and get a replacement same day? Don't know why he has waited so long. blah,blah,blah...../

13. SoIsays macrumors regular

Yeah your brother really should. Doesn't hurt to ask, especially if he's thinking about returning the phone.