Replacement Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Relznuk, Mar 4, 2011.

?

Do you think this is a fair resolution?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Hi all,

I recently had a terrible experience with Apple in which my machine went in for a routine repair and came back in a terrible state. I called AppleCare, was immediately transferred to Customer Relations, then to a supervisor, and then to the regional manager. The regional manager was very angry, revoked the certification for the technician, and offered a free replacement of my computer. :apple:

He proposes to replace my 2.8Ghz Mid-2010 hi-res antiglare with a 2.2ghz quad-core 2011 model. My question is, is this fair? Should I accept, or should I fight for the 2.3ghz model, since mine was the top of the line model before, and the 2.3 is the top of the line model now?

Will it even make a significant difference?

Thanks for any help,

Glenn

I have attached the replacement agreement that they want me to sign. Should I sign it, or fight for more?

Attached Files:

2. delphiniushume macrumors newbie

If it were me I wouldn't be satisfied. I'm not sure how the transition between dual core and quad core works, but if I had the fastest system available before, I'd certainly want it the second time around. Anyone know the practical differences between the two options?

3. ozred macrumors 6502

Unless you do work that truly taxes the computer, you can't tell the difference. And even then it's quite minimal.

The other potential reason for the offer is they may not have the other models readily available yet. I would take the offer, it's more than fair.

4. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I would jump all over it. You are getting a year newer computer that performance wise is much better. About the only thing that would stop me is if the new computer wasn't hi-res and AG.

5. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I'd expect them to match price-point. Thought just getting a brand new 2.2 is pretty damn cool too. I'd just make sure you get hi-res antiglare like you had.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

op that IS the top of the line machine; the 2.3 is a custom option only. It's not slower. It's got two extra cores and can boost up to 3.4 GHz on a single thread. Don't complain! Take the package, smile, and run.

I guess you could rage if you wanted to about the hires antiglare but I wouldn't, just because I wouldn't want to miss out on the massive speed boost and thunderbolt port.

7. Relznuk thread starter macrumors 6502

Relznuk

After reading all the responses, I agree - thanks for your input everyone! By the way, the replacement unit WILL have the hi-res anti-glare screen. I'mma jump on this faster than a jackrabbit on pavement on a hot summer's day.