Replacement battery and charger for a 2009 MacBook 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jaystewart, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jaystewart macrumors newbie

Could anyone help me out in pointing out where and what the correct replacements are?

A year ago I bought a new charger and battery but I couldn't get them to install properly for whatever reason (not being official apple products perhaps) and I've been using my MacBook off the charger, but recently my laptop no longer receives charge. Whether it's the battery or charger that's broken I'm not sure, maybe even the laptop charge socket which I hope isn't the case

If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful as I need to use my laptop at home having a ICT A-level to finish in the next few months :confused:

2. Jaystewart thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MacMan737 macrumors newbie

Getting a MacBook Battery and Charger

My Macbook is a A1185 model which is what yours probably is too. I went to amazon and got a battery for $20. (My Mac would no charge higher than 45%. If it was on and became unplugged, it hard shut downed. Got a new battery and it still didn't work. It only charged to 60%. Called Apple Support and they said to go to a local store and have them test different chargers and run diagnostics. Tested different charger and it did not work. They ran diagnostics and then I got some bad news. My logic board need to be replace for $280 professionally by Apple in California. They would have it for 2 weeks.) So go to an Apple store test dome chargers, some batteries, and have them run diagnostics. You may have the same problem. (If you decide to ship it out they will replace EVERYTHING that is broken. Plus they will re-image your hard drive. Back up your hard drive and get a 10.7 or 10.6.8 .dmg file so you can get the app store and get to OS 10.9.2)

Best of Luck:)
    :apple::apple: