Replacement Battery MBP 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lukerees83, Jun 22, 2012.

1. lukerees83 macrumors newbie

lukerees83

Hello all,

The battery on my MBP from 2008 has now died to the point where where the magsafe cable disconnects the laptop dies, and given that this is easy to do I need to replace.

Is it better to stump up the £100 and get a new one from apple or can you get the existing one refurbed and back in working order? If so, how?

When I upgraded the RAM on my MBP I went via a third party who were half the price and the RAM quality was still perfect. Does the same deal exist for batteries?

Lastly, if you buy a new battery you just clip it in and go and that's it I presume.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

100% go Apple genuine...just read through threads here on folks who have used generic batteries. Buy from Apple and if you do have issues you are covered.

3. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

I need a new battery for my 2007 Macbook Pro and looked on ebay and all of them are 3rd party... no thank you!

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

5. TurnTronics macrumors member

I would definitely go OEM Apple. Some aftermarket batteries are ok but its a crapshoot. You will pay a little more going OEM, but you will not regret it in the long run!