Replacement Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by digitalpencil, Aug 5, 2008.

1. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Hi, after realizing my battery has dropped 5% in health since yesterday, i started checking threads here to see what I could do and understand that I can send my battery back to apple for a replacement..

My question is, how long is the average turn-around for replacement batteries? can i run my MBP plugged in without one? and, what can I do in future to ensure that it remains healthy?
    I used to use my MBP plugged in most of the time and have lately been letting it run down and then plug it back in again which, i figured would do it good but it appears it has decreased its capacity!? Is it wise to calibrate the new one when it arrives? from there, how often should i calibrate it?

Thanks and apologies for any redundant questions.
    Battery loadcycles: 149
    Age of mac: 12 mnths
    Current battery capacity: 4063 mAh
    Original: 5600 mAh
    health: 72%

ps: i've got applecare

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

3. mrblu macrumors newbie

New MBP battery

My battery also was way below specs: at 82% the battery lasted about twenty minutes. Nine months old, 61 cycles, still listed as 'good'. I took the MBP into an Authorized Repair shop. They kept the battery for testing, but I took the MBP home with me. Two days later they handed me a new battery - free.

The Sony battery sucked, but Apple rocks!

MrBlu