Replacement feet for 17" C2D MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by octatonic, Feb 28, 2011.

1. octatonic macrumors regular

octatonic

My 17" MBP Core2 Duo has lost one of the little black rubber feet.

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?

2. Gofre macrumors regular

I was at the genius bar yesterday when the guy next to me was brought out his MacBook, after they'd superglued a new set of feet onto it free of charge after two of his dropped off. Go in and ask if you could get the same entitlement, it may save you having to purchase [=

3. octatonic thread starter macrumors regular

octatonic

4. octatonic thread starter macrumors regular

octatonic

Ok, Apple are awesome and bizarre in equal measure.

Right- well I am not at all complaining here but I just got back from the Apple Store.

I took my 17" unibody MBP in to get one of the rubber feet replaced.
    The 'genius' who helped me said that Apple don't trust them with the glue they need to use and that superglue dissolves the new feet on the the MBP's.

So... (ready?) the only thing they can do is replace the entire bottom case.
    Normally this would cost £35 but because I have 3 year Apple care and 'he was going to do me a favour' and comp it 'just this once'.

I asked if this is something they usually do for people.
    He then grudgingly admitted yes you generally get one repair per computer and then said 'maybe you don't want to use yours up this time in case you drop a glass of water on it'.

Given I'm selling it and upgrading I figured I'd go ahead with it.

So- for the sake of one missing foot I get a new bottom case, which is a bonus because my existing one is a bit scratched up.
    They had to order the part so I should have it done by Friday and then to eBay she goes.

Definitely not complaining about it but it does seem bizarre that you have to replace the entire bottom case for the sake of a little rubber foot, doesn't it?