Replacement foam keyboard insert for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TennisandMusic, Aug 20, 2012.

1. TennisandMusic

I am looking for a replacement for the thin layer of foam that comes on a new rMBP between the keyboard and the screen. The one mine came with was, unfortunately, ruined. I would like to replace this if possible, doesn't matter if it's a third party solution. Anyone have any ideas? I have not been able to find anything thus far.

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Are you talking about the piece of shipping foam that came between the keyboard and the screen? You can use them from any MacBook Pro 15" and they will fit there. You can always use a microfiber cloth as well if preventing oil stains from the keys to the screen is what you're looking for.

3. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

wth...who uses the packaging foam on the macbook? LOL

if ur worried about dirst and junk getting on the screen cause of the keyboard....apple did design it so the screen actualyl doesnt make contact with it...>.>

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Who can't type a coherent sentence in 2012 with spell check?

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Even spell check can't help when someone completely ignores what they are typing.

6. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

oh puling off the grammar and spelling insult, i am so ashamed....:rolleyes:

7. TennisandMusic thread starter Guest

TennisandMusic

Boom. Perfect for what I wanted. Thanks.

8. Doggonit macrumors regular

iLikeTurtles, the mega-troll, has returned. Good to see that No Troll Is Left Behind and they all get to post on the intarwebs.