Replacement foam keyboard insert for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TennisandMusic, Aug 20, 2012.

  1. TennisandMusic

    Aug 26, 2008
    I am looking for a replacement for the thin layer of foam that comes on a new rMBP between the keyboard and the screen. The one mine came with was, unfortunately, ruined. I would like to replace this if possible, doesn't matter if it's a third party solution. Anyone have any ideas? I have not been able to find anything thus far.
  2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601


    Jul 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Are you talking about the piece of shipping foam that came between the keyboard and the screen? You can use them from any MacBook Pro 15" and they will fit there. You can always use a microfiber cloth as well if preventing oil stains from the keys to the screen is what you're looking for.
  3. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

    Jun 22, 2012
    wth...who uses the packaging foam on the macbook? LOL

    if ur worried about dirst and junk getting on the screen cause of the did design it so the screen actualyl doesnt make contact with it...>.>
  4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603


    Jun 30, 2008
    Who can't type a coherent sentence in 2012 with spell check?
  5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

    Jul 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Even spell check can't help when someone completely ignores what they are typing.
  6. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

    Jun 22, 2012
    oh puling off the grammar and spelling insult, i am so ashamed....:rolleyes:
  7. TennisandMusic thread starter Guest


    Aug 26, 2008
    Boom. Perfect for what I wanted. Thanks.
  8. Doggonit macrumors regular

    Jul 11, 2012
    iLikeTurtles, the mega-troll, has returned. Good to see that No Troll Is Left Behind and they all get to post on the intarwebs.

Share This Page