Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Not Available

Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
I'm looking for an application to replace Adobe Reader as a PDF Reader. The thing is, two weeks ago it started freezing, and I can't get used to this. For example, I have this book which has bookmarks for each chapter, but when I click, say, chapter 4, it freezes for about 5-10 seconds. And it gets very frustrating and annoying. The same thing for any other button I try clicking. I tried reinstalling it, but it didn't do the trick.

I'm running 10.6.2 and I downloaded the application for 10.4.11 - 10.6.0 Intel, as it seemed to be the most recent version on Adobe's page. So can I do anything about it, or should I go for a replacement?

Not Available

Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Yes, I know, but being a book, it's got over 800 pages, and I really enjoy(ed) the Reader's Full Screen Mode + Down Arrow for going through the pages. Preview scrolls through the document, so if I press the Down Arrow, it scrolls down, instead of going directly to the next page. Or is there a way I could fix that?

Nevermind, I've got to set Preview up the way I want. It displays two pages per screen, and I can use "Fit to Screen". Seems OK for now. Thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.