Replacement for Apple 24" LED monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BryanSchmiedele, Apr 25, 2010.

1. BryanSchmiedele macrumors member

I have a MacBook Pro and an Apple 24" LED monitor. I like the monitor, but I just can't use it anymore. I have bifocals and there is no way to adjust the height. I am looking for a replacement.

After researching monitors I like the Dell UltraSharp U2711 and the HP LP2475W, but am open to other suggestions.

Does anyone have opinions on this?

I wish Apple made the monitor adjustable!

Bryan

2. RubenTheys macrumors member

You can attach a VESA-compliant stand to it using Apple's VESA adapter. Works like a charm. You should check YouTube for installation guides. ;)

As for the two monitors, I can't help you. I'm using a Iiyama ProLite 24 inch. It's tacky but it does it's job very well considering the low price.

3. BryanSchmiedele thread starter macrumors member

Boy, I can't see me paying $150 for an arm to make my very expensive Apple monitor hight adjustable when I can sell it and buy a Dell or an HP for less money that is hight adjustable...

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If the U2711 is anything like the 3007/3008 models then the panels will be great. I know the stands are definitely adjustable and the abundance of input options available on the Dells monitors is amazing.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I have the HP LP2475w and love it. Great monitor at a great price.