Replacement for Attachment Tamer for Mail?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by stevearm, Nov 6, 2015.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

On Snow Leopard I used a fantastic little plugin for Mail.app called Attachment Tamer. It would turn any attachments in an email to a clickable icon at the bottom of the message, rather than having them displayed inside the message itself, open. This was massively useful, it seems the developer has stopped updating it though for Yosemite/El Cap, does anyone know of any workaround or similar app that does such a thing?

Many thanks

2. zaxxon72 macrumors member

3. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that! It certainly helps a lot. What a shame Attachment Tamer isn't being developed any more.

On a related note, is there any way of defaulting to the Downloads folder when you click save attachments? The extra step having to tell it where to save is a hassle.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If you right-click an attachment do you see "Save to Downloads Folder" in the contextual menu?

5. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

I miss AT as well. The developer indicated they were no longer supporting it because of the constant changes from Apple.

6. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't see that sadly, just a Save to... option
    [​IMG]

Is there any way of making it default to the Downloads folder so I don't have to go through an extra step to save attachments?

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I meant right-clicking on the inline attachment. This is Mavericks but I'm pretty sure my El Capitan machine is the same.

[​IMG]

8. bobbydaz macrumors regular

Clive's plugin works well and worth every penny.