Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
It appears that iStat pro is no longer made for Yosemite, and I am unable to find an app for my rMBP that will monitor fan speeds and temperatures. I downloaded istat mini without checking properly. I have searched for 'istat menu' but nothing comes up. I particular am interested in Temps and Fan speeds which are the two things I'm unable to find any app for.

Any suggestions?

akwarner

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
It appears that iStat pro is no longer made for Yosemite, and I am unable to find an app for my rMBP that will monitor fan speeds and temperatures. I downloaded istat mini without checking properly. I have searched for 'istat menu' but nothing comes up. I particular am interested in Temps and Fan speeds which are the two things I'm unable to find any app for.

Any suggestions?

Have you looked here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25230/istat-menus

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland

Any suggestions?

Does
Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

help?....ive been running stats pro through all recent OS X versions including Yosemite more recently El Capitan

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
OK yeah, I just didn't expect it to not be available on the app store. In fact there's nothing like it on the app store except stupid stuff.

mattDC5R

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
Perth, W.Aust now Austin, TX
Does
Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

help?....ive been running stats pro through all recent OS X versions including Yosemite more recently El Capitan

Remind me please of what that change fixes? I remember it, but I haven't done that on any recent installs and the only thing that isnt working is the processes table.

OK yeah, I just didn't expect it to not be available on the app store. In fact there's nothing like it on the app store except stupid stuff.

I still have it as an installer if it helps. Its working fine for me on El Capitan still.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I still have it as an installer if it helps. Its working fine for me on El Capitan still.

Yeah, I found it on their website, I didn't know that apps like this would not be on the app store, I thought they just packed it in.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
I've been using Monity for that for a year or two, now. (Apps signed for the App Store apparently have some restrictions on polling that data, but Monity uses a free companion app to get that semi-invisibly.) Inexpensive, and the developer seems to have evidenced his attentiveness to it lately.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Remind me please of what that change fixes? I remember it, but I haven't done that on any recent installs and the only thing that isnt working is the processes table.

If I remember correctly it was for network settings to show via istatpro -after mavericks or Yosemite Launch.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-11-13 20.51.47.png
    Screenshot 2015-11-13 20.51.47.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 608
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.