Replacement for iStat Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by inscrewtable, Nov 12, 2015.

1. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

It appears that iStat pro is no longer made for Yosemite, and I am unable to find an app for my rMBP that will monitor fan speeds and temperatures. I downloaded istat mini without checking properly. I have searched for 'istat menu' but nothing comes up. I particular am interested in Temps and Fan speeds which are the two things I'm unable to find any app for.

Any suggestions?

2. akwarner macrumors member

Have you looked here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25230/istat-menus

3. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

Does
    Change "PID|$1" to "PID| $1" (Add space before $ sign)

help?....ive been running stats pro through all recent OS X versions including Yosemite more recently El Capitan

4. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

OK yeah, I just didn't expect it to not be available on the app store. In fact there's nothing like it on the app store except stupid stuff.

5. mattDC5R macrumors member

Remind me please of what that change fixes? I remember it, but I haven't done that on any recent installs and the only thing that isnt working is the processes table.

I still have it as an installer if it helps. Its working fine for me on El Capitan still.

6. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

Yeah, I found it on their website, I didn't know that apps like this would not be on the app store, I thought they just packed it in.

7. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

I've been using Monity for that for a year or two, now. (Apps signed for the App Store apparently have some restrictions on polling that data, but Monity uses a free companion app to get that semi-invisibly.) Inexpensive, and the developer seems to have evidenced his attentiveness to it lately.

8. spitf1r3 macrumors regular

spitf1r3

iStat Menus 5 is designed for Mountain Lion (and later), works on Yosemite and El Capitan.
    You can also take a look at Monity or MenuBar Stats which are only 4.99$ now.

9. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

10. Donfor39 macrumors 6502a

Donfor39

If I remember correctly it was for network settings to show via istatpro -after mavericks or Yosemite Launch.

Attached Files: