Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halledise

macrumors 68000
Original poster
I currently use my Public Folder in MobileMe to upload 'talks', etc so that anyone can access them and download via a link on my website.

with the demise of MobileMe, I've setup Dropbox, but whenever someone goes there they either need to login and apply my password, or else they have to sign up to Dropbox as a user to download the talk - which is a bit off-putting to some.

my query is - which is the best replacement that is also free :) ?

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
I currently use my Public Folder in MobileMe to upload 'talks', etc so that anyone can access them and download via a link on my website.

with the demise of MobileMe, I've setup Dropbox, but whenever someone goes there they either need to login and apply my password, or else they have to sign up to Dropbox as a user to download the talk - which is a bit off-putting to some.

my query is - which is the best replacement that is also free :) ?

Actually...you should have a public folder in dropbox. You put things in the public folder, then go to dropbox's web interface. Open the public folder and find your file. Click the arrow on the right and side of the file, and a drop down list will appear. Then click "copy public link."

Paste the link in an email, online, whatever. Anyone should be able to access it without having a dropbox account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.