Replacement For QuickTime Pro

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by STevil 39, Aug 17, 2018.

1. STevil 39 macrumors newbie

PLEASE DISREGARD... Just found earlier thread on this topic

I apologize if there is a thread for this elsewhere, but if so a referral link would be great.

I understand that Mojave will be rendering QuickTime Pro obsolete. I currently use QT Pro to cut longer videos into "clips" that I can then use to build movies in iMovie or Final Cut.

Does anyone know of any software that will run on Mojave that I could use to cut clips from longer videos?

2. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

i'll be sad to see QT7 pro go as well; astonishing how long this version's been around. you can trim in the current QT, export... but if there's an alternative to QT7, am interested...

EDIT: which thread did you find?

3. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

I haven't really used it yet, but QT7 installed just fine on Mojave and accepted my Pro license info.

4. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

yes, QT7 pro works on mojave. the question is about next year's OS, when 32-bit apps will no longer be supported. then it will no longer work...

5. cmaier macrumors G5

They gave us 64 bit DVD player. So ya never know.

6. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

QT7 pro hasn't been updated since 2009 (amazing that it still works), so am not holding my breath for a 64-bit update...

7. tehabe macrumors member

tehabe

For what do you need QT Pro anyway? Maybe that the is the question you need to ask so that someone can come up with an answer. As a simple media player QT is not really needed.

8. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

personally, i use it for some simple editing, etc (i of course have the current QT, and FCPX, but it's a good 'hit&run' app...

9. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Yes, that's definitely true. It sounded like @STevil 39 was asking about running on Mojave, so I just confirmed it does still work (for one last release, anyway). :)

10. STevil 39 thread starter macrumors newbie

I use it for taking "clips" out of much larger movies that I then export into Final Cut or iMovie to create montages of customer feedback from market research.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 13, 2018 ---
    Call me paranoid, but has anyone used QT7 Pro running Mojave now that the update has been out for a while?

11. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

continues to work here, and am sure it will, thru all versions of mojave. again, it's next year's OS where we'll have to say goodbye...

12. STevil 39 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Fisherking!!

13. MarkC426 macrumors 6502a

I still use it for opening image sequences.
    Apple need to introduce this into qtx (seeing as all us pro users have paid for a license).

14. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

we used QT7 pro last year for an art installation, looping simple videos in slow motion; QT7 has a few good features that will be missed next year...