Replacement for Refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pro31, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Pro31 macrumors regular

I ordered a 17 inch MBP Refurb last week. It is the newer model(mid 09). The same day I received it I had a problem with the display flickering and going off. I talked to apple and they are sending me a box to send it back for a repair. Here is my main question. Instead of sending it in and having them take however long to fix it, could I just request they send me another refurb? I don't want to keep waiting because I need the laptop now. Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can ask. They can refuse, but if you get the right person, you may get lucky, if they have another refurb of the same model in stock.

3. Pro31 thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking. Anyone else have a similar issue?

4. Pro31 thread starter macrumors regular

I did, and they are sending me a different refurb. :)

5. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I would have said go to the Apple store (I had a display issue and took it there on a friday got it back almost exactly 24 hours later on the saturday). But you have gotten what really is the best option so congrats. I guess :cool:

6. Pro31 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I would have taken it to an Apple store, but the closest one is about 3 hours away. I didn't want to try to drive there and back then go pick it up and back again. The gas would have been more than doing it this way :)

7. prodigee macrumors 6502a

That's what I assumed was the case, after you had said that you returning it. I hadn't thought of it when I originally posted but it makes perfect sense now.

8. Pro31 thread starter macrumors regular

Ended up getting a new refurb overnighted to me from apple. got it today :). I still have yet to check this one out though due to me still being at work.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

pfft work can wait... open that bad boy up!!
    in a way the laptop is for work, correct, so your not really slacking off :p

10. eMagine macrumors regular

eMagine

refurb replacement

I bought a refurb MBP 2 weeks ago. It was shutting down intermittenly. I called AppleCare and they immediately offered a replacement.