Replacement for replaced iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rdstoll, Jun 30, 2009.

1. rdstoll macrumors 6502

Hello -

I replaced my wife's 16 GB iPhone 3G with the latest and greatest 3G S. Several weeks ago when we were at the Apple store an associate told her she could get hers replaced due to a known cracking defect on the white 3G. Now that her phone has been deactivated, is it too late for me to try to get a replacement for her phone so I could turn around and sell the brand new one to someone else?

2. macboy4 macrumors regular

How do they know it's "dectivated"? Why not give it a shot? You could always put her SIM card back in the old phone and try that.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You can do whatever you want OP; go for it.....:cool::cool::cool:

4. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

You should most certainly be able to replace it. I went in on Saturday to take my iPhone I bought off eBay to get replaced for it having a crack near the silent switch and they said as long as you're in warranty you should have no problem. I was in and out within 15 minutes. They checked the water sensors to make sure it's clear of water damage then went to the back and brought me a pristine iPhone. The person I bought it from on eBay upgraded to the 3GS so the phone was "deactivated" but I still got a replacement thanks to Apple!

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I don't understand why people think that because the phone is deactivated that the warranty doesn't apply anymore.

6. rdstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point. Thanks to all for the responses. I'm taking this baby back ASAP!