Replacement for Simplify Media app (for iTunes streaming)?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by toonzes, Jun 24, 2010.

1. toonzes macrumors newbie

Now that iTunes 9.2 appears to have broken Simplify (and they're no longer issuing updates), does anyone know of a comparable app (available now or in the works) that allows you to browse and stream from your iTunes library remotely? And I'm talking about playing entire playlists, albums, etc. without interruption -- not song by song (which is much less useful). Thanks.

2. clumsy macrumors newbie

3. toonzes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I'll give that a shot.

4. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I've been using z-Subsonic with mixed luck. Works great when it works, but doesn't buffer as well as Pandora does. Hit a dead spot, and you're pretty much out of luck.

5. bencjedi macrumors 6502

I'm a beta tester for iSub app (for Subsonic server) and the developer just keeps making his app better and better. The version we are testing now is GREAT! He's got it caching songs ahead of time for minimal interruption when you switch from wifi to 3G to nothing (if you built up enough cache). The caveat people forget to mention about iSub and Z-subsonic is that after 30 days you HAVE to purchase a license for your SunSonic server because the API that these idevice apps use requires it for the app to continue to work. It costs about $12US for the Subsonic license (it's sold in British pounds via Paypal, so there's that money conversion thing).

6. jjlax328 macrumors newbie

came onto the forums with the exact same question...now that SM has gone Droid is there a similar replacement?

can't find anything