Replacement glass trackpad ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LevMac, Dec 15, 2008.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys,

Its nothing major, not sure if many other macbook pro owners have this on their glass trackpad. I just noticed on mine, under certain light, there is a finger print of some sort which does not come off !

I have tried using iKlear and it seems the finger print/mark is underneath the glass, its just a bit annoying to have a finger print mark even though its designed to be used with your fingers, but when I give the trackpad a nice wipe down, the print is still there :(

Has anyone had to take their MBP in to get a new replacement glass trackpad yet ? How hard is it to replace I wonder ?

2. donbenjy macrumors 6502

I haven't had this problem, but I suspect that it's pretty easy to replace - if you take off the cover, and remove the battery, you can see the bottom of the pad, so it shouldn't be hard for the Geniuses to do. If you're under 30 days from date of purchase, they should replace the whole machine for you (check the new one instore incase you have any other problems with the new one first).

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You have to replace the entire unibody top case.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just when I thought I'd seen the most anal retentive post...

5. beachguy757 macrumors newbie

The trackpad is one piece that is removable...why do peopleanswer questions they have no place answering? take the battery out and you may have to remove a clip in the 2008 unibody macbook aluminum model, but it is held in the with either 5 or 7 screws. and you detach the ribbon cable from the logic board.

Bam. Do some research next time please.

Heres the 2008 trackpad-
    http://www.welovemacs.com/9229014.html

Heres the MacBook Pro 13 trackpad 2010 model-
    http://www.welovemacs.com/9229525.html

not hard to find if you use the correct search terms...use your correct product name and model number AND PART NAME