Replacement headphone jack

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by saurongt, Sep 25, 2011.

1. saurongt macrumors newbie

The headphone jack on my macbook has a piece of a headphone plug stuck inside. I've tried to put a drop of superglue on the remaining piece of the headphones and put it back together, but it didn't come out. :(

Anyway, I was thinking, if I could find a replacement for the jack on the cheap, i'd be able to replace it myself. Problem is I'm not sure where to look for the replacement. Are those jacks standardized? Where can I order one? I've looked into finding a broken motherboard on ebay, but they seem to go for over $100.

Any help will be appreciated..

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

USB headphone adapter... Hope this helps :D

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If you need to use headphones, the above solution should work, but if you need the internal speakers, then you need a new logic board, as that is the only way to replace the headphone jack.

4. session101 macrumors regular

or you can get a broken logic board for super cheap and take the piece you need, soldiering skills will be needed, but its worth a chance...

check on IFIXIT.com

5. saurongt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I actually ordered that last night as a last resort, but would still like to replace the jack if it's possible.

That's what I was thinking. But seems like even the BROKEN boards go for over $100! Digikey sells connectors that cost on the order of a dollar, but I'm not sure whether they will be compatible. I wish there were some part#s or schematics of the components available. Bring back the good ole Apple ][ days...:)