Replacement iMac - dull PINK tinge!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by discofuel, Apr 7, 2010.

1. discofuel macrumors 6502

I've just received my third 27" i7 iMac [wk 14] and I've got it side by side with my original iMac [wk 11]. (The second one I received had horrendous yellowing and was returned immediately)

The difference between the two screens is shocking...

Whilst the yellow tint on the third iMac is slightly less noticeable and in a different position, the whole screen now has a pink tinge to it and is much less bright than my original. A white background looks pure white on my original as oppose to this dull pinkey-off white.

In addition, my original iMac has a very loud hard drive (seagate) compared to a silent hard drive in the 3rd one (western digital).

What to do... :(

2. Btom macrumors 6502a

Well, apparently three times is not a charm for Apple. Go for the fourth one??..

Tom B.

3. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

What size were the drives?

4. discofuel thread starter macrumors 6502

1TB

5. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

There have been more noise complaints with the 1T than the 2T.

6. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

If the whole screen is pinkish, then it sounds like it just needs to be calibrated.

7. Kalison macrumors member

when I got my i5's LCD replaced, I had a similar issue. Half my screen was pink/purple hue. Really pissed me off. I decided 3 iMacs and 1 LCD replacement was enough.

8. clearyjp macrumors member

Yea, after 3 faulty iMacs I'm done with them. It's really sad, because other than the inconsistent screens, the machines are beautiful. I just won't accept an iMac with screen issues when my Eee Pc has better colour consistency.

9. vin macrumors member

I've had a similar experience where two i7 iMacs looked completely different side by side. After four faulty iMacs I've asked for a refund too. Sadly it's the only way to go.

With this in mind it's painful/laughable to read the apple.com/imac website:

Yeah right.