Replacement Internal Hard Drive Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by djmatt, Sep 12, 2010.

1. djmatt macrumors member

I have a 2007 Black Macbook with a 160gb hard drive, I have about 1 gb left which is obviously causing problems

I am looking to buy a replacement Hard Drive, where is the best place to do this, and what is the best one to get?

Thanks in advance

2. djmatt thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

So thats where to get them, can somebody help guide me to which I should purchase?

3. aar7688 macrumors newbie

4. djmatt thread starter macrumors member

5. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Yep, that'll work - and it's a decent price. Just keep in mind that 7200 rpm drives, while having faster access times, have a tendency to vibrate more and use up battery power slightly more than 5400 rpm drives. If all you do is browse the web or work in word processing, you might not need the speed (other than to shorten boot up times). But yeah... I think that drive is a good choice.

And one more thing. You might want to consider getting a cheap external housing for your current drive so that you can transfer the files back to the new one once it's installed, and then use it for portable storage.

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That is a good choice. Like the above post mentioned, they do vibrate a bit more than the stock drives, but I have the 320GB version of the one you posted, and it really doesn't bother me. I haven't noticed much of a difference in battery life either. Overall, it's a really good drive, so I would recommend it as well.