Replacement IP4S and the battery SUCKS!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LapsangSouchong, Jul 24, 2012.

1. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I had the perfect IP4S. Then the radio failed.
    I got a replacement. And set it up as new.
    That was 10 days ago. The battery is terrible.

My morning workout routine (music and GPS) used to take my battery from 100 to 92%, now it takes it from 100 to 80%.

I have an appointment at Apple this afternoon, but what else can I try?

I've checked my settings, and no new location settings are on etc...

thanks guys

2. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

3. LapsangSouchong, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

fine. Is it not called a radio on the iPhone? If not, then choose the word you'd prefer I use (though that's the term ATT used)? The phone began only intermittently receiving a signal. After much trouble shooting it was replaced by my current handset.

Any words of wisdom for my CURRENT issue? Thanks.

EDIT: had a genius bar appointment and did a restore. We'll see.

4. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

I was not trying to sound impertinent--I was merely puzzled as to what you meant; I'd never heard of it before.

Also, try seeing what apps are always open--they may be using Location Services, and that drains battery very quickly.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Have you calibrated the battery yet ?

Turned off all the usual non critical systems apple leave on for diagnostics feedback etc.

In the end if after all this and the battery in your opinion has not settled in then seek another appointment with an :apple: genius.

Hope this gets resolved for you.

6. lamboman macrumors 6502

Best bet is to try a fresh install of iOS before heading back to the store. The likelihood is that it will be fixed then.

This said, you haven't stated how long it took for the battery to drain with your usage.

I'd also disable all of the System Location Services aside from the Compass Calibration and Traffic. This disables all of the unnecessary features without hindering features.

7. LapsangSouchong thread starter macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I had done a clean install. And yes, everything is off (as it was before I did my replacement).

A small example: my morning run with music and a running/gps app used to use 7%. Now it's using 20% of my battery.
    My app use hasn't changed. I've been an iPhone user since the first iPhone.

The "genius" said when I made the switch and again yesterday that "calibrating" was no longer an issue. Is it? If so please advise.

8. lamboman macrumors 6502

Battery calibration now simply refers to ensuring that the battery meter shows the correct charge. You simply run the battery down every now and again and charge it up. That simple, and not really necessary.

I presume that this was a clean installed without using a previous backup? It may be an app pulling or fetching more frequently than it should? Worth checking!