Replacement Ipad air 2 came with version 8.4 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rdcrds, Nov 18, 2015.

1. rdcrds macrumors regular

Well my other Ipad air 2 broke and the apple store gave me a new one yesterday. Well i restored it from my Icloud backup and it says version 8.4. Can anyone point me in the right direction to jailbreak this? Thanks and reps.

Also can i upadate somewhere to a even newer version and still jailbreak? just wanting to find out my best option before i screw something up lol.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

http://www.taig.com/en/

Your options are jailbreak on 8.4 with Taig (link above) OR stock on 9.1.

There are no other upgrade options.

3. rdcrds thread starter macrumors regular

Is there anywhere to get stock 9.1? i think i just JB it again now with the 8.4 all that #$%$# i could not understand but i have cydia so it is broken. But is there a download for 9.1? i would rather have that thanks again.

4. eyoungren, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You don't need to download an IPSW. 9.1 is currently being signed. iTunes will download it for you. Upgrade and restore from iTunes.

I would first put your phone in DFU mode though to avoid a bootloop. Assuming you are jailbroken.

PS. Unless you left the option checked to install the Chinese JB app store, then the only Chinese you should have been seeing (if the JB you downloaded was not English) was the one from the JB app itself.