Replacement iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kobefan234, Oct 5, 2008.

1. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I have lots of problems with my iPhone 3G my 3G service got killed by 2.1 now it always says no service and my battery goes down to red in 1 hour and my GPS cant get fixes anymore!
    can i take it to at&t and get a new one?

2. sv650s macrumors newbie

How long have you had the phone? According to AT&Ts return policy you can only swap the phone with them within 14 days, after that point you have to go through Apple. If you have a local Apple store you can take your phone there to be looked over, if not, you can call Apple support and they will ship a prepaid box for you to send the phone in (but you will be without the phone unless you rent one from them while yours is being serviced).
    Have you already tried restoring the phone as new? If not I would try this first.

3. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

how long does apple service the phone?

and do they give you a new one?

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You get a 1 yr. warranty from Apple. Most like they will exchange it for a refurb.

5. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

is the refurb fcked up? like scratches chipped etc.?

6. Kyeris macrumors 6502

It'll look brand new.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Bring your box, accessories and receipt and there's a good chance that they'll swap it out for a brand new in box (NIB). That's what I've done the last two replacement iPhones. Battery situation should be replaced on the spot. Give it a shot...:( Sorry to hear about your 3G iPhone.

8. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

so take it to the apple store and they will give me a brand new replacement?

9. David-fr macrumors 6502

apple geniuz???

Is so easy to get a replacement... my friend just bought one, right on time that i've decided that i did not wanted the black one, and the white looks so good.

So, i told him if he could exchange his that bought 4 days ago for a white one, he had bought a 16 gb black, he exchanged with in the 14 days policy.. I went to the apple store and tell them it did not work well, they didnt even look for any problem he just said "don't worry, we will take care" He swap out the phone and gave me a non-scrashed iphone, that i trade with my firend for the white one.

Conclusion: apple geniuses are really domb! but thats not bad

10. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I have had mine for more than 14 days though, does that make a difference?

11. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Noooo, please read the post... It is now told multiple times.

You can exchange the phone within 14 days if you are not happy with it.
    If it goes broken after 14 days you have to go to the Apple store, not the AT&T.

If your phone goes broken, you have ONE year warranty, so the 14 days is no problem in case your phone goes broken.

12. David-fr macrumors 6502

That am not sure, but they will exchange it at a apple store is under the 1yr policy.. dont worry you will get a replacement.. as long as your iphone is under warranty...good luck. keep us up to date:)

13. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I guess I will go to the apple store and ask for an replacement and see what they say I will keep you guys updated!

14. aristobrat macrumors G5

Remember to make a (free) Genius Bar reservation before you go!

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

15. svndmvn Guest

have your tried restoring your phone?if it's esthetically perfect i don't think you should risk..

16. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I have restored it but it still won't work! And what do you mean by "risk it" ?

17. kobefan234 thread starter macrumors 6502

kobefan234

I made the genius bar appointment i will keep you guys updated:D:apple::apple: