Replacement iPhone 4 - 4.3.3 but no SHSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MattZani, Jul 16, 2011.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Okay, I got a replacement iPhone today as mine was faulty, came home but sadly Apple have stopped serving the 4.3.3 blobs :/ I can't restore to this firmware at all, so this is my ONLY chance to jailbreak on 4.3.3 untethered.

How stable is JBME 3.0? I assume its the only method I can use as its the only one that doesn't require restoring?

Side Q - I remember someone mentioning a way to extract the SHSH off of the phone itself, as if the SHSH is also stored on the phone somewhere, is this true?

Cheers for any help, I need to be 100% sure before I do this, don't want to lose my only chance!

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Damn, they stopping signing quick this time.

iFaith is the tool I'm aware of for trying to save blobs for firmware presently on the phone. No idea if it really works, and it does require Windows:

http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/products/view/ifaith.snow

And jbme is in better shape than this time last week, they've updated it. Apps like biteSMS have updated to work with it as well.

3. patp Guest

+1 jbreakme.com is stable after the update. I restored as new phone and did the jbme.com method again and all is well now.
    Not one reboot or weirdness since then!

4. kingkronikk macrumors newbie

So has Apple stopped signing 4.3.3 already??? I have a BNIB iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 (i think, cant tell since the box is sealed) that I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3 to JB with jailbreakme.......

Anyone else able to flash 4.3.3 without SHSH blobs?

I guess worst case scenario, I can just JB 4.2.1 using Greenpoison, and then never upgrade.

I really want 4.3.3 and don't want to risk losing 4.2.1 jailbreak by flashing 4.3.3 and it failing (then I'd only be able to flash 4.3.4), so has ANYONE been able to load 4.3.3 without using Tinyumbrella server?

5. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Well... I signed my 4.3.3 right now..... Can anyone verify?

Honestly... i got a replacement phone wednesday and it has 4.3.2.

6. MattZani thread starter macrumors 68030

MattZani

I jailbroke the phone using jailbreakme 3.0, damn that was even easier than 2.0!

Tinyumbrella couldn't get the SHSH but cydia says it has the 4.3.3 SHSH so I'm a little confused but oh well all working good now.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

this worked great!!!! thanks

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You could of use other tools if you think JBme 3.0 is not stable. It's not that difficult is it?