Replacement iPhone 4 question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hasek3139, Dec 17, 2010.

1. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

My sleep wake button is broken so apple said I could go to my apple store to get it replaced. My current ip4 is JB should I un jailbreak before I go replace it ? And when I get it replaced can I JB the new iPhone? Or does it come with 4.2.1 in which case I will have to wait for unthedered JB.

on a side note having the button broken isn't hampering my daily use of the phone so should I wait Til 4.2.1 is jb then get it?

Thanks everyone!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Up to you if you want to wait for the untethered 4.2.1 JB.
    If you bring it in jailbroken they wont replace it, you gotta restore it to stock firmware.
    And the device you get will most likelly come with 4.2.1 or maybe 4.1 if you're lucky.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Mine started doing exactly this a few days ago. Definitely annoying, but currently not worth losing my jailbreak over. I am holding on getting a replacement until 4.2.1 is untethered, because it's a pretty good chance that is what version of iOS will come on the replacement.

And you should definitely restore it to stock firmware before taking it in. For me, this sucks because I've tried to be careful to preserve my untethered jailbreak and unlock capability.