Replacement iPhone 4 screens causes Light Proximity Sensor not to work!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PZ1122, Jul 21, 2013.

1. PZ1122 macrumors newbie

I've been repairing iphone for over a year now just for family and friends and recently I repaired four iphone 4 screen replacements. Everything went good with the repairs but now realize that their light promixity sensor doesn't work. Someone please give me the straight forward answer to fix this problem. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PLEASE. THANK YOU!!!

2. booster187 macrumors newbie

Ive been repairing iphones for a few years now but since like 5 weeks ago every sensor stopped working. Looks like an update or sumthing. The known fixes with foam coloring etc doesnt work either. Or im getting to old for this job or APPLE has a sneaky update.:D

Greetz

3. PZ1122 thread starter macrumors newbie

but i dont understand. the light sensor worked before i replaced the cracked screen.

4. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

My iPhone4 replacement screen proximity sensor stopped working suddenly after year of working. It works when I apply presure on top of the screen, and it works in dark. How to fix it?

5. nihl macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same problem after repairing my iphone 4 screen.
    It seems that the original screen has some kind of foam isolating the light and proximity sensor (some users also say that aftermarket replacement screens are not as dark as they should be in the area above the sensors allowing too much light to pass through).
    So, the only way to fix the problem was to buy a couple of THESE stickers. For over a year now my phone works as it should.
    Moreover for jailbroken devices you can install from cydia calllock which does pretty much what it says... When you receive a call it locks your screen.

6. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

We wrote a blog post on proximity sensor issues after screen replacements. It has a picture of the foam gasket as well as some troubleshooting tips to solve the issue.

From what it sounds like, you could use either the sharpie method, or purchase a new gasket and install it.

7. booster187 macrumors newbie

Even every FIX with foam, coloring etc doesnt work anymore and im sirious if i say i repaired about 1000 iphone 4G. but after like 5 weeks ago 8 out of 10 iphones i repaired the sensor stopped working. So i really dont get a clue what happend 5 weeks ago rofl

8. jt77 macrumors newbie

DID anyone work out a fix for this I've repaired hundreds of iPhone 4G now im get this problem even on black screen where before it was white that had the odd issue.