Replacement iPhone 4s backplate - warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wonder-boy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. wonder-boy macrumors newbie

wonder-boy

Hello!!!!

I'm thinking of replacing my iPhone 4s back plate with something either colourful or transparent. I understand replacing the back cover will void my warranty but if something was to happen to my iPhone would apple know if I swapped back to the original back?

Really hope this doesn't sound stupid, I'm sure it does, from what I can see on videos you just pop the screws out and slide the back off. There doesn't appear to be any tabs or warranty stickers.

Hope you guys can help!
    Andrew

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

You should be good. Just make sure that if/when you go to take your iphone to Apple, to put the original back plate back on. Apple won't know that you swapped them.

3. normanbates macrumors regular

A trick that someone once taught me was to get a bit of polythene (like a plastic bag) and put that over the head of the screw driver befo undoing the screws. That wait won't scratch the screws as you undo them and they will never know that the screws have been undone. Also try and use a torque screwdriver and if something does go wrong change the backs and do the screws back up to the correct torque ;)

4. jonkersuk macrumors newbie

I agreem providing you put the original backplate back on before sending it back for any warranty work you will be fine, just try not to chew the screw heads up when you take them out.