Replacement iPhone 4S - will it have 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TL24, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

So I've been having horrible battery life ever since I upgraded to iOS 5.1, not that 5.0.1 was any better but I'd say I was getting at least 1-2 hours more of usage than I am now! Anyways, I'm going to the Apple store after work here to see if they'll exchange my iPhone 4S for a new one and I was wondering what my chances of getting one on 5.0.1 would be? Do you guys think they'll still have a few batches of older 4S still on 5.0.1 available to me? I'd love to be able to JB my damn phone again too! LOL!:rolleyes:

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

That depends on how much stock was left before the 5.1 rolled out. If they have a few, you may be lucky. If the ran out, then it's likely 5.1. Genius won't know what version it has inside and there is no way for them to tell until you open the box and activate and see what ios version it has.

I purchased a factory unlocked iphone two days ago and it had 5.0.1 already installed. But I updated to 5.1. Because I don't care about JB.

3. Colonjay macrumors newbie

Notify the that you want the lower software but don't tell him why. My excuse is I'm a developer.

4. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Got great news! The replacement unit is on iOS 5.0 baby! Haha I just have to upgrade it to 5.0.1 now and jailbreak it!

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You might not be able to upgrade it to 5.0.1, especially if Apple stopped signing it. TU may have the SHSH blobs available for downgrading, but if Apple isn't signing it and only 5.1, you may only get that.

Besides, you may come to find out that with this replacement iPhone, you may be getting better battery life with 5.0 and insignificant battery life increase with 5.0.1.

but the first thing to find out is if Apple is still signing 5.0.1. If they aren't, your only option is to stay on 5.0 and jailbreak from there.

BL.

6. TL24, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Damn that's a bummer =\

Where can I download this SHSH for 5.0.1?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can not, it's too late.
    But even if you could you cannot use blobs to restore a 4S yet.
    Only options are stay on 5.0 and jb or go to stock 5.1