Replacement iPhone 5S looks washed out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Nov 26, 2013.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

I got a replacement iPhone 5S about a week ago, because my original 5S had touch ID issues. It just quit working all together. Anyway, right when I powered on the replacement, I noticed that the screen looked faded, even at full brightness. I compared my original 5S, and the colors seems to be a tad more vivid. I tried not to let it bother me, now it still is.

I do not want to call Apple up again and have them put another hold on my card, when this is really subjective, I guess? I should have taken a picture side by side of my old 5S, and the new one. I don't know what to do here.

Side by side with a Galaxy Note 3, it looks bad. While I am not a fan of Android, the Note 3's colors just pop right off the screen. I don't want to fuss, but i know that this display isn't what it should be...

2. Selmir macrumors member

Selmir

I would return it and explain why. As a consumer you have all rights in the world to do that, as long as it's in the warranty. I mean, why having a defect iPhone 5S that you bought for a lot of money for??

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I hear warranty replacements all have reduced gamut. You reap what you sow.

All kidding aside, return it if it bugs you. It may just be your imagination but still, I suppose you can return it if you're that affected by it.

4. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

Way past the warranty. i got it on launch day. First one was perfect, but that one went bad after 2 months. This one is fine, except for the screen, but I don't' know. It looks ok sometimes. I do think it has that interlacing issue, but don't want to be picky about things.

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

5S just came out, all are under warranty still. Its a year warranty.

Sounds like you got one with a yellow screen. Its a known Apple issue. They expect people not to notice. For sure take it back and get it swapped out. Just hold it next to a display phone if you have any trouble.

6. BlueMoonForever thread starter macrumors 6502

The screen is not yellow, its just faded, washed out, poor color gamut. I have AppleCare+ on the device. It just this will be device number 3 then. So much for screen protectors.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

On your second replacement already? Make sure anal-retentiveness isn't the problem like so many repeat replacement offenders.

8. Seabassthegreat macrumors member

Seabassthegreat

I would get it swapped out... But then again... I got 4 iPhone 4 swap outs within a 30 days span for faulty replacements... But that was back in 2010...

I just got a replacement iPhone 5S on Sunday and it's just as perfect as my launch one... But the respringing issue I swapped it out for still continues... And I'm on a new back up...

9. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

If you aren't happy then why keep it? You're within the warranty period after all. Look at it this way, if the shoe were on the other foot you can bet your bottom dollar they would hold you to the warranty if it meant saving them a few dollars and avoiding taking any kind of responsibility. You owe it to all of us that might have issues in the future or have already been screwed by Apple to hold them to their self-imposed warranty.

10. ixthy macrumors newbie

It's not Apple's fault. It's our fault that iPhones are being sold so quickly!!! I have an iPhone 3GS and I don't understand why I should spend 1000 euros to upgrade! We must stop being so eager for new toys, and offer them the time to do some more quality testing!

11. Ann P macrumors 68020