Replacement iPhone and iMessage bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seble, Jul 7, 2012.

1. seble macrumors 6502a

Hi all, my out of warranty ip4 sleep button has decided it no longer wants to work, no click and it has to be pressed really hard to close. Also the home button is a bit unresponsive.

So my question is, firstly, this is a replacement ip4 already, will apple potentially replace it like they would in warranty for the home button going in my original.

Also that iMessage bug. You know the one where even if you turned it off, and someone gets that phone as a refurb they get my messages, is that still a problem? As I really don't want to give my phone back to apple to find someone can receive my iMessages! Are there steps I can take to ensure that won't happen?

Anyway cheers guys

2. dave420, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

dave420 macrumors 65816

Apple may want you to pay $149 for a replacement out of warranty, but some people get lucky.
    That iMessage issue can be tricky. I think if you turn off iMessage before resetting your phone then you should be fine. If you lose your phone then that can become an issue.

3. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm well better hope I get lucky then.

I shall try out turning off iMessage and get someone to message me, I'll see how that goes.

Does anyone else have experience with these issues?

4. Siggen macrumors 6502

Try calibrating your home buttun, it might become nearly as good as new, or even as good as new.

Code:
    Open a stock iOS App (Clock, Weather, Stocks, Etc). It has to be one that came with your iOS device.
    Press and hold the power button until the "Slide to Power Off" slider appears.
    Don't turn the iOS device off! Instead, press and hold the home button until the app quits, and you're back at the him screen.
    For the power button, you might need to jailbreak your device and install activator, and set it to tripple click on the top bar, or three finger swipe from a side or something.