replacement iPhone availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dguisinger, Jun 9, 2008.

1. dguisinger macrumors 6502

Does anyone know what the current status is for iPhone inventory? I've got a discolored screen and my warranty runs out on June 28th. Some people have mentioned they had theirs replaced in store; but I've read they have stopped production and inventory has run down.

Anyone know what is likely to happen when I take it in? I have planned on buying a 3G phone, and was hoping that the 3G would be here before I get a replacement so I wouldn't have to unbox it; unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. I do have some T-Mobile GSM phones, but they are probably locked to T-Mobile :( Though I'd love to have a new-in-box iPhone to sell once I get my 3G.

2. Mudcrutch macrumors member

I just got mine replaced for a screen defect and the Apple store in Columbus, OH had their drawer FILLED with them... (I imagine they had a few hundred)

I imagine no shortage for a long time.

addition: the replacements come in plain cardboard boxes containing only the phone. you hand in your phone and they set you up with a new one.

the shortages may be referring to the retail boxes with the cables, dock, etc.

3. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I got mine replaced yesterday.

They had plenty of stock.